Offices in Durand and Mondovi, WI
Coverage for all your insurance needs
Your home is probably one of the biggest investments you'll make. Turn to the professionals at M.H. Smith Insurance for a home insurance plan that suits your budget and your needs.
We take pride in being active in
Count on M.H. Smith Insurance to get protection against damage, theft, and vandalism. Our staff members will sit with you and discuss the various options you have so that you can make an informed descision.
For over 50 years, we have also protected our customers from the hefty repairs and high medical expenses associated with an auto accident. From cars to trucks, we provide coverage for all types of vehicles.
• Your jewelry and guns have limited coverage for theft under a standard home insurance policy without adding an endorsement. If you have jewelry or guns valued at over $1500,
it is important to discuss a scheduled rider.
• Your lawn equipment and recreational vehicles do not have liability coverage off your property. If your teenager goes down the block to mow your neighbor’s lawn and a rock kicks up and injures someone – it is likely you would not have any liability coverage without adding an endorsement.
• Without an endorsement, a laptop computer is generally covered for theft only at your home or your student’s dorm. Therefore, if you were using it at the coffee house or at a library and walked away for a second and it disappears – it is not covered.
• Your detached structures may require additional coverage based on the replacement value. Typically, a standard homeowner’s policy provides 10% of your dwelling amount.
Example: Dwelling coverage is $100,000 x 10% = $10,000 for any detached structure.
If your garage would actually cost $15,000 to rebuild – additional coverage for related structures would need to be added.
• Business exposures such as business property are limited or possibly excluded under a standard homeowners policy. Liability claims related to a business risk at your home would likely be excluded unless it has been underwritten, accepted and written into your policy by endorsement.
Every household is unique and your insurance needs to be customized for your specific coverage needs.